FOR GETTING AHEAD AT AN ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY COMPANY!
- Take your time moving up
the corporate ladder. Be completely ready to advance. Never get in over
- Think outside of the box.
- Develop strong relationships
with the press, supervisors and peers.
- Relationships are everything.
Take your key contacts associates out for lunch - or a drink - at least
once a year.
- Don't burn bridges. The
person getting your coffee today could be your boss tomorrow.
- Read the trades and daily
papers - every day. It's crucial to stay on top of what's happening
in the industry.
- Be aggressive, but not annoying
when pitching the press. Reporters do not respond well to annoying behavior.
- Be a team player.
- Always look at the big picture
and identify new trends.
- Don't be afraid to ask for
advice or help when dealing with a dicey situation.
- Give 100% to every project
but don't be afraid to fail. We are all human.
- Know your competition well.
- Exercise patience when dealing
with difficult people. You will encounter plenty of difficult people.
- Don't change jobs too often.
Show supervisors or potential employer you are responsible and loyal.
- If you are being treated
poorly by your supervisor, a producer, anyone - GET OUT or GET HELP!
to the Site Map